Thursday, July 27, 2017

Reflecting

I like to write a lot. Obviously, right? And I'm the type of person who likes to look back at things. I reread old messages, old journal entries, old poems. Some of the poem/lyrics posted here are older ones that were never made public and that were just sitting in my notebooks. It helps me to reflect. It helps me to reevaluate. I like to think that every life has purpose and I believe that writing is one of mine.
I also like to reflect on things that other people post on social media. Though I do believe that we, as a society, could use some disconnecting from time to time, one of the major pros of social media is that it helps to express how we feel. And it also shows us that we are not alone in how we feel, there are others who can relate. And I feel like that is such an important and powerful thing. 
I hope that by sharing my writing and my thoughts that I can show someone that they are not alone. That our thoughts and emotions are what can bring us together. Much love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment