Monday, June 19, 2017

Free To Be Me


Why should I do
Everything you ask me to?
How can I be
Everything you want of me?
How can I find things out on my own
If you just won't leave me alone?
Can't you just be happy with who I am?

Chorus: I fee like I'm not free
Free to be the real me
I feel like I have to hide
Hide the girl I am inside
So please just let me go
Let me chose if I want to say yes or no

Why should I change
Just to please somebody else?
I know that I'm strange
I just want to be myself
Though it's like I'm wearing a mask
I hold in the questions that I can't ask
And if I don't everyone would laugh... chorus

Sometimes it's hard
I don't know who to follow
I want to listen
To the words I can't swallow
But I have to say I thank you so
For how you helped me learn and grow
I have to say it made me see
The girl I know I want to be

I know you
You only want the best for me
I'll show you
Everything that I can be
I love you so
But I just want to be me, plain me
...No one else but me

No comments:

Post a Comment