Thursday, June 22, 2017

My Heart's Winter


One drop of rain
Would be too much for this pain
I wish that I
Could see the sunshine again
It's been too cold 
For way too long
I'm starting to see
I can almost feel
The color fading away
From me and my world around me
I wanna see the sunlight
Shimmering in my hair
I want to see the flowers
Blooming everywhere
The snow has come
And the sun is gone
And with it everything is left dead
When the clouds fade away
The sun comes out again
But the sun is just deceiving me 
Because all I can feel 
Is the wind
The wind biting my nose
Stinging my skin
And I rush inside to warm up
Too afraid of the cold
I wish it would be spring
That for once it would be warm
And I'd finally see color 
Return to me and my world
Because my beloved sun
Would finally return to me
This time not deceiving me
But winter will stay for now
But flowers will soon bloom again
For the sun will shine
In the spring

No comments:

Post a Comment