Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Pretty Lies


Are you offended by what I say
Does my curtness make you cringe?
Should I apologize for my harsh words?
Is telling the truth considered a sin?
Should I be politically correct
So that my words don't hurt your pride?
Would it be easier for you to swallow
If I told you pretty lies?

Chorus: Pretty lies can be deceiving
But they can make the world go 'round
The truth can be too hard to hear
Because the truth can knock you down
Pretty lies can make you think
Anything and everything is possible
They can put you on a pedestal
And make you think that you're unstoppable

What makes no sense to me
Is how you people just accept it
You act like pride is most important
When your pride doesn't count for shit
You know what the lies are really worth
When you hide what you are feeling?
They might be lovely in the moment
But it's your happiness they're stealing...chorus

So don't sugarcoat your words
Don't be so artificially sweet
Don't bullshit your way through life
Only the truth will set you free

No comments:

Post a Comment