Thursday, June 15, 2017

Listen


Please don't budge
When I push away
I know I'm hard to handle
But I just want you to stay
I only yell so you'll hear me
But you don't hear a word I say
When I don't let it out
When fear gets in my way

Chorus: I'm not very articulate
I can't express how I feel
But I hope you understand
All I try to conceal
Is because I'm afraid
Of what you might find
In the depths of my soul
What I can't leave behind

In my mind I'm still fighting
My past, present, and future
I don't need you to fix it
I just need you to be there
To help hold me together
While I pick up the pieces
And to drown out my fears
Since my mind never ceases... chorus

I'll try not to push
Because you push even harder
I'll push you too far
But you'll push even farther
Don't give up on me now
I can't do it alone
I want you to stay
Until my demons are gone


No comments:

Post a Comment