Wednesday, June 7, 2017

For the Love of Writing

As I'm starting this blog and putting my lyrics out into the world I got to thinking: Is this really happening right now? Am I actually going for it? Am I actually going to make my dream a reality? I sure hope so! I know I have a long road and a lot of work ahead of me but I'm finally ready. I'm committed to my dream and I'm not letting myself give up this time. I always give up before even really trying. Not this time! I know this might sound so cliche and mushy but I guess I'm just a big mushball. My lyrics are reflective of that a lot of the time. So full of emotions that writing feels like the only way that I can truly let them out. I'm a prisoner to my emotions until I write them down. Once I do, they no longer control me, I control them. I can mold them any way that I desire when they are written down. My pen is my machete, it rips me open and pours all of my insides out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment