Friday, June 16, 2017

Mom


Mom I know it's been hard
To leave your family miles away
To give your child a chance
To live in a better place
Don't want to see us making
All the same mistakes
Want us to learn from you
And the mistakes you have made
You gave up everything
So that we would want for nothing
And made sure to let us know
We would always have your loving
Don't want to see us struggle
Don't want to see us hurt
Want to see us do better
Want us to prove what we are worth
I know you're scared you failed
That you weren't good enough
Because a child has left you
He wasn't strong enough
It's not your fault mama
That's the choice he made
He gave up on himself
But he's in a better place
I know your heart is broken
But mama please don't blame yourself
You did the best you could
How could we ask for anything else?
I know he's looking down on us
Watching us from above
I know he hears our prayers
I know he feels our love
Mama don't lose heart
We'll see him again someday
But in the meantime we'll be strong
Let him know that we're okay
He'd want us to be happy
He'd want us to forgive him
He'd want us to forgive ourselves
And to try to keep on living
Mama I know it hurts even more than you can show
But I know you'll make it through
'Cause you're the strongest one I know

No comments:

Post a Comment