Thursday, June 29, 2017

Profanities


"Bite your tongue"
My mother always says to,
But all the words I want to let out
Just come spewing out like a sprinkler on the lawn
"Watch the language"
I hear from the damn people who speak
Profanities at every turn.
My boss just said "Shit"
Does that mean that I can too while I'm working?
"NO. Watch the language!"
But there are times that you just can't help it
When the word just rolls off the tongue,
Like when I stub my toe
Because I just ran it over with a shopping cart
Or when the glass of $80 Prada perfume
Spills and breaks at me feet, by my hand.
What else am I supposed to say?
Or how about when my dad's favorite glass,
The one that holds perfectly a full can of Coke,
Shatters when I accidentally kick it on the floor?
No other words come to mind
They are all profanities

No comments:

Post a Comment